Saturday, March 15, 2008

Duck Tales



Duck meat, locally known as "bebek", is an Indonesian delicacy that is famous in some parts of this country. Usually cooked as "sate bebek" or "sop bebek", it catches the tastiness and rather unique flavor of duck. In the Philippines, we have our own version of this delicacy known as "itik", which is usually cooked as "kinulob". "Kinulob na itik" is a meal that made my hometown of Los Banos famous.




My sojourn in Indonesia has introduced me to this "bebek" delicacy. I find that "sate bebek" is really good especially if the sauce is tasty enough. The "sop bebek" which I have tried in Serang in West Java, is not really my thing. This dish was served to me in Jawa Barat and I noticed that the duck meat still has some feathers clinging to it. Must be part of the chef's secret recipe. But over all I found the taste of the "sop" very satisfying. If it were not for the feathers, I would have definitely enjoyed it more.




Whether it's sate or sop or kulob, duck meat is definitely a must try for any food aficionado.

No comments: