Friday, April 18, 2008

Akhirnya! (Finally!)

Akhirnya keluarga saya datang malam ini! After waiting for four months, my family will finally be arriving in Indonesia. Being the only Filipino in Jawa Tengah (as far as I know), it's really hard not to feel lonely at times. I tried to find comfort in going to the mall (Plaza Ambarukkmo is the best mall, I think) but being in the mall regularly almost became routinary. Now that my family will be joining me, going to the mall will be different because I have my family to join me. It will no longer be a long drawn out stay at Dunkin Donuts, then skipping on to Carrefour to do my grocery. Now it will be a family affair. But I don't think we can stay at Dunkin anymore because a lot of people are smoking there and not very healthy for my wife and son.
Just to let you know how excited I am, I cleaned my house thoroughly which I rarely do, cleaned the banyo until it shone, and I washed my bed sheets just to have that clean and fresh feeling. I have not yet done my grocery, but will do it my wife, who by the way is a great cook. God I missed her cooking! Also, I get to play with my son again who learned to ride the bike by himself! Can you imagine the pain I felt when I was told that my son already knows how to ride a bike without his dad teaching him how. Kakainis! Well, those are the hasles of working in a foreign country. You miss out on spending a few occassions with your family like family gatherings. weddings, my son's graduation. Hay naku, buti na lang nandito na sila so I won't have to miss out on anything again.
Enough. Masyado na nagiging dramatic ang blog ko.
Just wanted to let everyone know how happy I am.
" Fathers should be neither seen nor heard. That is the only proper basis for family life."
- Oscar Wilde